Sunday, February 3, 2013

firsts

i do not remember 
when i spoke my first words or walked my first steps, 
my mother does and certain people around

not even the first day at school, 
perhaps vaguely but then i have been shoveled up to my neck 
with the photographs and details,

the day that i looked into the mirror 
after shaving off my childhood for the first time 
passed in a moment even before 
i could register the first few blood drops of the fresh wound

and yet they happened 
for they were meant to and that i did not notice anyone of them 
much like heartbeats and breathing's they were something so life affirming 
that they brewed into the cauldron of life

.
so, i say that i do not remember the moment i fell for you, 
much like my first words and steps 
it just happened to happen 
perhaps a tiny atom inside my heart and that one blood vessel 
which let go the blood a little faster 
may acknowledge it somehow

neither our first kiss, 
perhaps the winds 
and windows 
and the drapes 
and every intangible fragment around us remembers that 
for they were the mother 
of the moment of 
our beginings

No comments: