Friday, February 17, 2012

A platter-full of words and a jar of tentative meanings-


I draw a breath in the canvas of trickling solitude, I whisper and mime the seemingly motionless silence that stealthily lies and creeps up a gushing stream of words that shall leave me tired so I use my moment of absolute consciousness to write this to you it is not a letter it is just a case in point an evening mixed in winters, a moment that is rambunctiously dull that you have nothing else but a drape of thoughts and a steaming cup of Malabar coffee.

The day is living out its lifetime and a night that is just somewhere around weaves its web. There was a dream a subliminal motion that took me to a night sky filled with orange-red stars and a home that called me by my forgotten name. The same evening again with this familiar smell that is so known that it almost seems a figment of my imagination a fiction of sorts.

I glide by swiftly from a dictionary of words and a strange cocoa aftertaste that refuses to leave my tongue inviting poetry. I like how sometime I just bind it all and form reflections but not today, today in this moment though I shall write but it would not be a meaningful clutter of words. Only a few morsels of self-explanatory phrases and mostly a hard to read and far difficult to comprehend stale derivation of my prosaic mind.

And after a thousand false starts I am ready for another one a synthetic cuisine of metaphors and rhymes but I won't. I won't, I do not want anybody to understand every silent stirring that my mind conceives, not even you. Today I am tender with my vowels and even in a river flow of isolated lines of poetry I can now see so clearly what draws me to words not the meaning, no, never the meaning but this fragrance that I get out of brilliantly lit words. So, let me indulge today and if I do not make any sense let us leave it at that.

For all you may know I may have evolved too with every word that I write or perhaps just at this moment eager to complete my sacred journey to fulfillment and these words.

I have found you in these words as I have grown up slowly, insipiently and all the time. I know that however much I scatter my words in an unknown fashion I have now been owned by you.

And all associations
intangible,
incomprehensible,
inadvertent
are us
and our unknown evolution
into each other.

That starts with vowels and ends into us just like the paragraph above.

Leave me a cloud full of touches tonight, own me with my words put into face by your smile. Cry me an ocean of hope. And like my words however illogically, meaninglessly be mine

No comments: