Saturday, January 21, 2012

.

the sky stares like an empty canvass
waiting for your palms to fill them
with colors and lights
and in this drawingboard of a moment
I form prose that melt softly
into the fish shape of your eyes
midst the river song of my words

but mostly.
in my memories of you
there lies
just a moment
of a hazy winter morning
where words fall
with a synchronous thud
and an orphaned dotted sky

on which sometimes
a strangely silent Trochilidae flies by
in the distant horizon

and then,
my verse of a moment dances
words drip as if tropical rains in Amazon
metaphors breeze by like Savanna winds
and
like the temple lit holy evenings
of an iridescent Varanasi
in an oft used palette, a poem is conceived
that has you name, your eyes
and you standing by me.

.
in my memories of you
there lies a moment
of a hazy winter morning
where you stay besides me
drawing ripples on the waters of Ganges,
on the moment,
and on me.

1 comment:

Divenita said...

:) Very well written Raj !