Sunday, June 20, 2010

Green Hunt

I do not exist, not for me,
neither for you.
a shame.. That is me,
am transparent..

Have you ever heard a Pathoni?
they do not sing it
on any television idol,
its not marketable, maybe
..but it is heard,
heard where I live,
there it resonates,it goes on.

But O! you don't know that
I live, I sing..
Do You.?

You live in hotels
with numerous stars,
fours and fives
And when they burn
they make you red
I burn everyday.. Through you
..Your number of stars
are the number of
meals I have,in a month.

And you know it
You behave, as if.. You don't..
But you know,
don't you.?

I pray
that you never feel
what it is to know
that your son will go,
go of hunger
and you see it quietly
at times out of anger.
..Let me tell you,
eyewitness
it is not a reality show
rather reality shows.

Malnourished
is such an abused word now,
but you suffer from
a different disease
it is being obese..
ignorant too though
I call it myopia still.

I do not exist, not for me,
neither for you.
a shame.. That is me,
am transparent..

I'll not recognize a pen
perhaps will try
and think of it
as something edible.
..you coin me into some
Philosopher Chinese.
What can I do
but laugh
as You name me,
You hate me
and You fight me.

I do not exist, not for me,
neither for you.
a shame.. That is me,
am transparent..

I dwell on trees ,
and cannot contribute
to the gross domestic product,
eating grass
my land does perhaps
and you want that.
Though I am crass

You ask
why do I fight you?
Why am I so violent?

Maybe
sitting beneath a roof
in the heat of summer
watching television
in your abodes of rest,
it just becomes easy to say,
'Lets clean our forests.'

Lets clean our forests.

No comments: