Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kafka and We-An Unspoken Love

His Love

"Kafka may be was an existentialist after all."
And It was your 'May be' which aroused the ire in me.
May be what may be?he was an existentialist.
And you just laughed looking into my eyes and then my hands
as you always said "you say more through your hands flopsy"

You passed me a note in class the next day
"That may be was just to irk you
and see you go red flopsy you know".
And I laughed
was thrown out of the damn class.
But was happy,happier than I've ever been
apart from that day
when you held my hand crying into my shoulders,
I know your dad had an attack
but It still felt nice to be a part of your world.

And I think you caught me quite a few times
looking at you during classes
but you refused to acknowledge or just didn't bother.
I don't know,
I was always amazed by your ability to crack a joke
and then look as inanimate and studious
as ever and It was always me
who was thrown out of the class.

That day remember
when we had just ran
from the canteen not paying the Chai wallah.
I was about to say what I wanted
but you like all of your antics announced
I am going to the States to my sister's and will study there.
it was then I realized,
I would always be a beggared
and you'll always be the Rich mans daughter
that I silenced myself
and you kept on looking into my eyes
as if you knew
but you didn't.
and I paid the chai wallah after you went.

you know
"That may be was just to irk you
and see you go red flopsy you know"
I still have that page with me.



Her Love


"Kafka may be was an existentialist after all."
And It was my 'May be' which aroused the ire in you.
May be what may be?he was an existentialist.
And I had to laugh
and whenever I laughed I loved to look myself into your eyes
And then at your hands to see what they said,your hands somehow always said You loved me.
and I said "you say more through your hands flopsy"

I passed you a note in class the next day
"That may be was just to irk you
and see you go red flopsy you know".
And you laughed
and I was laughing too looking into you
but you could never see could you
and you were thrown out of the damn class.
But I was happy,I had made you laugh.You know.

I found you looking at me many times during class
and that always made me unsure of myself
and I became passive
you had that effect on me
but somehow I could never discern
the way you looked at me with what you felt for me.
And whenever I wanted to laugh at something you said
I always dreamt of you holding my hands
and caressing me
that drew me into a different world
I always forgot what I had to laugh at.

That day remember
when we had just ran
from the canteen not paying the Chai wallah.
I said "I am going to the States to my sister's and will study there."
I really didn't want to go but I said that so that you'll stop me and you looked at me as if I've hurt you
I just couldn't understand you then
and I paid the chai wallah after you went.

And even after so many years
My room has a portrait of Franz Kafka looking at me alone.

8 comments:

commited to life said...

beautiful...

so near yet so far..

angel from heaven said...

well written .I like the way you write about her and she about him.Well scripted.

Adisha said...

that's such a sweet little story put down in two versions ... such sadness in love ... :)

sanz360 said...

you've created something very beautiful in those lines...good goin!

~Sanz
http://sanz360.wordpress.com/

Dan* said...

nice...

ashksymphony said...

simply awesome..no other word..hats off...

saumya shrivastava said...

fabulous write..

saumya shrivastava said...

fabulous write..