Monday, October 12, 2009

Half Filled Letter

A letter half filled with words
& half with words still unfurled
waits to be completed,
I have kept a pen by its side
just to keep company
to make it feel like something
being thought about
still looked at
but the truth is,
it isn't
to think of
that letter
frightens me
to no end.

Because I can never put
your eyes into words
neither those lips
which quivered
when it took my name
can be exchanged
with any
worldly word.
The letter waits
for words still unmade.

How could those wordless talks
be put the other way
those eyes which looked at me
& then at the ground
saying infinite things,
still more quietly.
The day when I started
to put my thoughts
into words
& the night before
when rain fell
and you departed,
you'd said "I'll be back"
but never came.

I kept on waiting
and still wait
when rains fall
but they don't bring you with them
me I am always looking out of the window
into all shadows but they say you're gone
you won't ever come
and I still wait just like
that half filled letter
of unfulfilled emotions,colourless hue
of incomplete me,
Unsaid you.

5 comments:

Kingshuk said...

nice theme....lovely ending....

anurag shrivastava said...

great one sir....truly no words can describe the eyes of her.....

nayniisnamrata.07@gmail.com said...

Because I can never put
your eyes into words
neither those lips
which quivered
when it took my name
can be exchanged
with any
worldly word.
The letter waits
for words still unmade.

BEAUTIFUL...

mayank gupta said...

u have made the most difficult task of describing ur beloved sound so easy...hats off...

gargi said...

this was just awsum yaar... after so many daz came to ur blog and was not disappointed!