Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lily

T'was a sun filled morn,
when passing through the country way.
My eyes fell on the divine florets,
I could just stare & pray.

"Is it the daisy from Eden" mulled I.
I saw the blossoms of hundred moon.
The dawning dew made it look like that
or a nightingale's soothing croon

How could I gather the courage to move,
for what if the panorama eroded.
To stay near bliss for a moment too long,
to refill my life,as life had turned jaded.

But had to desert the enlivened daisy
with a heavy glum heart,
couldn't give my work a miss,had to leave the beauteous song
with hope of coming back to it,when the moon would rise & start.

I came back before the sun fell down
To inhale the paradise in red
Alas! could not dare to stare at it
when saw it numb & dead

But oh! my fallen Lily you taught me a thing on life,
that we all come for a few whiles
& while at earth we should spread the joy
giving others the potion of love we have & a life made of smiles

3 comments:

gargi said...

hey dont publish my last comment.....
ur poem is diff than the one i read....
just the theme is similar!

sorry!

prerna said...

GREAT JOB!! UR "LILY" CAN GIVE A CUT THROAT COMPETITION TO WORDSWORTH'S "LUCY"....DOES THIS COMPARISON SOUND UNFAIR & BIASED?? WELL,,,IT MAY SOUND A BIT OVERDONE,,,BT I REALLY CUDNT ABSCOND THE MESSAGE THAT U HAVE GIVEN AT THE END OF THIS POEM,,,IN FACT EVRY POEM SEEMS TO HAVE A "GRAND CULMINATION"...I LOVED IT DUDE,,,KEEP IT UP!!

Ekata Banerjee said...

u hav real writin skills!! juz luv d usage of ur words..