Monday, February 2, 2009

Bangles

There she is again,On the other side of the road,outside my college,Selling bangles. I have Been seeing her for last two years.Deeply engrossed in her work,but i have found her looking at me a few instances exchanging furtive glances.Her Face so serene so Calm,always smiling & laughing with the roadside kids around,mostly beggars.I Feel Happy & distressed looking at her face at the same time.happy because she has this face so radiant,so joyful,dusky with tinge of whites.Like the last rays of sun in the evening,distressed because i know she does not deserve all this,a life so tough.i have seen her argue with girls of my college for prices,Over 2Rupees,Petty things like Colour of the bangles.she has this aura which even those Beautiful,rich college girls don't.Am I Falling in love with her,I don't know,but i know she is Pretty.May be Someone should tell her to wear those glittering things herself,i am sure she would surpass many of my college girls in terms of grace.oh...!! she looks at me,what am i doing standing here looking at her for so long,what will she think?what will these people think around me?i pretend to look somewhere else,somewhere far away,but i can still see her through the corner of my eyes.She is again looking at me,now I look A little Courageously.To hell with those people.I Will Look at her,cherish her.Our eyes meet again,she now smiles at me.should i go across to her,May be.I walk a few paces,Towards her...Why Ain't she looking at me Now,Why is she Looking there,towards this man.He Who is also looking at her,this big bulky man.He is approaching her Now,His eyes red Is it anger,No i think he is drunk.I stop.Now he Is Talking to her rather Abusing her,but it is incomprehensible,what is he saying?Oh! GOD He Slapped her,what I should do,is It because Of me?Now she is Looking at me, I am Unsure,No I can't look at Her.Why to meddle myself in this mess.I start looking at the ground around my feet.but I should Help her,shouldn't I? I look at her again,but that man he is Dragging her.No,I can't,Go for her like This.She stops,He Looks back At her.She Looks At me Again with a Smile,but it is not like that earlier Smile.It says.."Quite A man,Aren't You....?" I Act as if i didn't see her,Looking at me.They Walk Away.Everybody goes back to there places whatever they were doing.I am Still there.Thinking,A gamut of things.What Will He Do of her,What does she think of Me now,What If i actually tried To save her,What if I did love her?What If....

3 comments:

C R D said...

not ur fault dude...its difficult to fathom what must have happened..

Renu said...

this is wht i was talking abt.....Truly said, and yes it happens,wanna change bt when it comes to action.............nthing at end..Hats off here

Renu said...

this is wht i was talking abt.....Truly said, and yes it happens,wanna change bt when it comes to action.............nthing at end..Hats off here